Friday, January 14, 2011

Coupons, Coupons, Coupons...

I attended my first "coupon-class" last night.  What a fun class!  I spent the evening (two hours of it) with ladies ranging from 30 to 60 years of age, all SUPER excited about saving money on everyday items.  The lady teaching the class literally gets tons of stuff for free, from SAFEWAY and ALBERTSONS of all places. 

I learned how to clip, double, watch for ads, study sale trends etc... who knew there was so much to clipping coupons.  I just started (a few months ago) being more frugal while grocery shopping, has it paid off?  No not yet, but it will, I am sure of it!  It was nice to know I am not doing it wrong, I'm just not getting the most out of my coupons...  For instance, I get happy when I only pay $1.50 for a box of cereal... come to find out, I could of only spent 0.25 for that same box of cereal!  I got ripped off!

I'll let you know how I do in the months to come!  My plan is to start cutting our grocery bill in half, if not more as I become better at this process.

If anyone has any coupon saving strategies please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment